Engineering and Estimating Manager
Job Location: Grand Blanc, MI USA
Mac Arthur Corporation is a dynamic and growing mid-sized manufacturer of high quality labels and die-cut components serving automotive and industrial customers around the world. Our customers include some of the largest OEMs and Tier 1’s in the automotive industry, electronics and industrial manufacturers, and consumer product companies. We are seeking a self-motivated and goal-oriented Estimating & Engineering Manager to join our team.
As a member of the management team, reporting to the Vice President of Operations, you will be responsible for managing and developing the Engineering and Estimating departments; allocating team resources for priority tasks and projects to ensure completion, conducting team performance reviews while developing the team’s capabilities to improve results, and driving departmental continuous improvement through the utilization of tools and/or processes. In addition, you will aggressively oversee the quality and efficiency of standard department activities, including quote process, technical reviews and support for product launch and PTRs, monthly metrics tracking and reporting, identification of alternative materials, and development of manufacturing processes for new products and improved product margin.
As a successful candidate for the position, you will have 5 years or more Engineering experience effectively working in a manufacturing environment. You will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and be an effective and assertive communicator, both verbally and non-verbally. You will be a resourceful and resilient individual who meets challenges with enthusiasm and a sense of urgency. You will appreciate a variety of activities in your working environment and pride yourself on achieving results. Finally, you will enjoy working with a diverse team of highly motivated people focused on the company’s success.
- Manage and develop Engineering and Estimating departments
- Provide oversight, efficiency and quality control for standard department activities
- Prioritize and manage R&D and Continuous Improvement projects
- Identify future developmental priorities and initiatives to improve company performance
- Monitor, report and deliver department and project performance
Key Competencies & Requirements:
- Management of technical personnel
- Project management
- Strong analytic and problem solving capabilities
- Product design & development
- Cost estimation and modeling
- Material testing/evaluation and transition
- Ability to work independently, assess risks, and make recommendations
- Highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Minimum 5 years related work experience; Preferred experience in label manufacturing and/or flexible film converting
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits and 401K.
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com