Job Location: Grand Blanc, MI USA
Mac Arthur Corporation is a dynamic and growing mid-sized manufacturer of high-quality labels and die-cut components serving automotive and industrial customers around the world. Our customers include some of the largest OEMs and Tier 1s in the automotive industry, electronics and industrial manufacturers, and consumer product companies. We are seeking an independent & self-motivated Production Supervisor to join our team.
As a member of the management team, reporting to the Vice President of Operations, you will be responsible for providing supervision and direction to all shift production employees. You will create and maintain employee schedules, participate in daily production meetings, actively take part in layered and quality standard audits, and spearhead Kaizen events for the continuous improvement of the organization. Utilizing lean manufacturing techniques and 8D problem solving in your daily operations you will exhibit a high standard of professionalism and a positive attitude while handling multiple tasks and people.
As a qualified candidate for the position, you will have 5 years or more Production Supervisor experience in manufacturing environment. You will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and be an effective communicator, both verbally and non-verbally. You will appreciate a fast-paced environment and approach all tasks with a sense of urgency and attention to detail. You have also have the ability to effectively motivate and develop your staff to be a cohesive group of workers intent on demonstrating the highest quality output of delivery and performance as related to plant objectives and metrics.
- Participate in daily production meetings
- Supervise press & finishing operations, job pulling, and shipping & receiving
- Use lean manufacturing principles in day to day operations with all employees
- Train and develop plant employees per training matrix
- Participate in layered audit program
- Support 8d problem solving for quality and internal complaints
- Support scrap reduction and productivity improvement projects
- Key participant on Safety Team – lead proactive injury prevention activities
- Report hours worked to human resources
- 5 years or more Production Supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and 8D problem solving
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should send a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org