Mac Arthur Corporation is a dynamic and growing mid-sized manufacturer of high quality labels and die-cut components serving automotive and industrial customers around the world. Our customers include some of the largest OEMs and Tier 1’s in the automotive industry, electronics and industrial manufacturers, and consumer product companies. We are seeking an independent and goal-oriented Engineer to join our team as an Engineering Intern for on-going projects.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations and working closely with the Engineering Team, you will be responsible for developing and executing targeted improvements to Mac Arthur Corporation’s Operations. Projects are designed to provide practical and hands-on experience, and deliver efficiency improvements for the company. Interns will learn operational improvement tools and techniques and apply those on actual projects and systems.
Example Projects include:
• Knowledge management system development for production tooling management
• Knowledge management system for raw material selection and optimization
• Production standards development for high frequency product families
• Management tool for engineering change projects
• Product costing database and tool for new digital production technology
As a successful candidate for the position, you will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and be an effective communicator. You will be a resourceful and resilient individual who meets challenges with enthusiasm and a sense of urgency. You will pride yourself on achieving results and will enjoy working with a diverse team of highly motivated people focused on the company’s success. Ideally, you will have Engineering experience effectively working in a manufacturing environment.
Key Competencies & Requirements:
• Completed 2 or more years toward Bachelor Degree in Engineering required; Manufacturing Engineering, Printing Science preferred
• Work experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred
• Technologically proficient in Excel (required), ERP systems, Databases (Microsoft Access)
• Project execution
• Strong analytic and problem solving capabilities
• Ability to work independently
• Highly organized
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Timing 40-50hrs/week
• Flexibility to structure schedule depending on candidate’s preference and schedule
• Competitive salary available based on experience
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com