Mac Arthur Corporation is a dynamic and growing mid-sized manufacturer of high quality labels and die-cut components serving automotive and industrial customers around the world. Our customers include some of the largest OEMs and Tier 1’s in the automotive industry, electronics and industrial manufacturers, and consumer product companies. We are seeking a self-motivated and goal-oriented Estimating Specialist to join our team.
Reporting to the Engineering & Estimating Manager, your responsibilities include quoting: completing technical reviews and quotes for all product quoting opportunities, maintaining estimating and project related metrics, supporting process improvement initiatives, standardizing key forms and procedures in the process, gaining competitive quotes from vendors for projects that require outsourcing, managing and organizing quote folders, and participating in Engineering/Estimating projects.
In addition, you will drive the Gate Review Launch Process by coordinating all technical reviews, participating in the launch process, and determining budgetary or firm quote responses. You will also be responsible for purchasing tooling, as required, for new and current business, as well as performing other duties and projects as assigned.
As a successful candidate for the position, you will have 5 years or more experience effectively working in an established manufacturing environment. You will have product costing experience, advanced knowledge of MS Excel, and strong math skills. You will be a 3M Certified Estimator and experienced at vendor negotiations. An ‘out of the box’ thinker, you will exhibit creativity and appreciate the freedom to work and make decisions independently. Finally, you will enjoy working with a diverse team of highly motivated people focused on the company’s success.
• Participate in the identification of new materials and processes that support cost savings
• Complete quoting activity accurately and on-time
• Analyze and recommend vendors for purchased parts quotes
• Purchase plates as required on-time
• Gate 3 Technical Reviews (Product Concept Development)
• Maintain quote logs and metrics
• Capture all data and assumptions in the quoting process
• Maintain hard & soft copies of all relevant documentation and communication on quoting opportunities
Key Competencies & Requirements:
• Product costing experience
• Vendor negotiation
• Advanced level Excel
• 3M Certified Estimator
• Strong analytic and problem solving capabilities
• Ability to work independently, assess risks, and make recommendations
• Out of the box thinker
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
• Minimum 5 years related work experience
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits and 401K.
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com