Job Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Mac Arthur Corporation is a dynamic and award winning mid-sized manufacturer of engineered labels and die-cut components serving automotive and industrial customers around the world. Our customers include some of the largest OEMs and Tier 1s in the automotive industry as well as electronics and industrial manufacturers. We are seeking an experienced, detail oriented and results focused Materials Manager to provide leadership in this critical function.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Operations, you will manage all aspects of materials flow and maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time. You will be a key member of the management team with responsibility for leading major initiatives and improving systems and processes.
Ideally qualified for the role, you will have a proven track record of success in materials management in an automotive manufacturing environment. You will be independent, analytical and process oriented but able to juggle a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment. Finally, you will enjoy working with a diverse team of highly motivated people focused on the company’s success and developing a strong team of direct reports.
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep knowledge of materials management in manufacturing and/or automotive industry
- Leadership, management and communications skills to set direction for department, develop plan and implement through a well trained team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects under pressure and produce measurable results.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Excellent computer proficiency (ERP based scheduling, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of success in similar roles
- Automotive Industry Experience, specifically as a “direct” supplier
Compensation & Requirements:
- Salary commensurate based on experience and performance
- Benefits and 401k
- Three years of supervisory experience in Materials Management.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Materials Management roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Production Management or related field preferred.
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org