PPAP/Launch Technician Intern (part-time)
Job Location: Grand Blanc, MI
Mac Arthur Corporation is a dynamic and growing mid-sized manufacturer of high-quality labels and die-cut components serving automotive and industrial customers around the world. Our customers include some of the largest OEMs and Tier 1s in the automotive industry, electronics and industrial manufacturers, and consumer product companies. We are seeking an analytical team player PPAP/Launch Technician (part-time) to join our team.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will be a key member of the Quality Team, supporting and assisting the PPAP/Launch Coordinator in Tech Review & Launches, Prototype builds, PPAP documentation, along with any other special projects and/or quality initiatives assigned by the Quality Manager.
Ideally qualified for the role, you will have a thorough understanding of PPAP, APQP, and quality inspection in an automotive manufacturing environment. You will have knowledge of SPC methods and their application to a manufacturing process. You will be analytical and process oriented and able to follow through on tasks in a fast-paced environment. Finally, you will enjoy working with a diverse team of highly motivated people focused on the company’s success.
- Support PPAP/Launch Coordinator
- Complete assigned PPAPs as needed
- Back-up lead to Launch Reviews
- Complete material submissions per customer requirement
- Complete Dock Audits per customer and internal requirements
- Interface with Lab, Engineering, Production and customers regularly
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
- PPAP, APQP, and Quality Inspection knowledge
- Knowledge of SPC methods in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Ability to multi-task projects without affecting accuracy
- Highly organized & able to work with little supervision
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheets and graphs
- Document review and data entry
Compensation & Requirements:
- Salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Part-time 20-24hrs/wk
- Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter