Manufacturing Engineer / Industrial Engineer
Job Location: Grand Blanc, MI USA
Mac Arthur Corporation is a dynamic and growing mid-sized manufacturer of high quality labels and die-cuts serving automotive and industrial customers around the world. Our customers include some of the largest OEMs and Tier 1’s in the automotive industry, electronics and industrial manufacturers, and consumer product companies. We are seeking a self-motivated and goal-oriented Manufacturing Engineer / Industrial Engineer to join our team.
Working with the operations team, you will be responsible for leading plant continuous improvement projects and serving as our Lean Champion. In addition, you will provide key technical contributions to product development, product launches, and process improvements.
As a successful candidate for the position, you will have experience effectively working in a manufacturing or industrial engineering role leading projects and working with teams to build lasting, efficient systems. You will be a resourceful and assertive individual who meets challenges with enthusiasm and a sense of urgency. You will appreciate a variety of activities in your working environment and pride yourself on achieving results. Finally, you will enjoy working with a diverse team of highly motivated people focused on the company’s success.
- Lead operations on plant Continuous Improvement projects utilizing Lean tools
- Monitor, assign and complete actions to improve operational metrics: scrap, asset utilization, safety
- Manage product engineering and manufacturing process changes
- Evaluate product specifications and prints for current and new products
- Serve as internal technical and Lean resource for all departments
- Support research, product development and value engineering projects
- Technical understanding of and ability to develop Lean tools and techniques
- Training and experience in Lean manufacturing tools and initiatives
- Innovative and knowledgeable in problem solving processes
- Problem analysis and resolution abilities
- Basic project management
- Team player able to work alone & independently to assess risk
- Time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Highly organized
- Effective communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required; manufacturing or industrial engineering preferred.
- Strong MS Excel skills, comfort learning and using new IT systems and applications
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits and 401K.
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com