Senior Quality Engineer
Job Location: Grand Blanc, MI USA
Mac Arthur Corporation is a dynamic and growing mid-sized manufacturer of high quality labels and die-cuts serving automotive and industrial customers around the world. Our customers include some of the largest OEMs and Tier 1’s in the automotive industry, electronics and industrial manufacturers, and consumer product companies. We are seeking an assertive & goal-oriented Senior Quality Engineer to play a key role in our organization.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will be responsible for all quality activities of the company including key projects. As a vital member of our quality team you will act as liaison between our customers, production, and laboratory regarding product quality. As our TS Champion you will be responsible for creating processes and systems to continuously improve overall business performance.
As a qualified candidate for this role you will have a significant performance history in developing quality processes with teammates that become lasting, effective systems. You will possess great organizational skills with a keen eye for detail and procedure. You will be independent, decisive and have the follow-through to drive change. You will be able to juggle a variety of activities in a fast paced business environment. Lastly, you will appreciate working with a diverse team of highly motivated people focused on the company’s success.
- Serve as the lead customer liaison regarding product quality issues or concerns
- Initiate and drive Corrective Action (CA) discussions
- Assign and track internal/external CA’s to achieve desired quality performance
- Submit formal corrective actions per customer requirements
- Continuously improve and ensure compliance to processes and systems utilizing Internal Audit and Layered Audit Processes
- Ensure compliance to the Mac Arthur Document Control process
- Prepare quality metrics reporting
- Create and control TS16949 process revisions
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality theory, practices, core tools and their application
- Experience with quality related tools: PPAP, APQP, quality inspection
- Proficient in Statistical Process Control methods and their application to a manufacturing process
- Innovative and knowledgeable in problem solving processes
- Time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks without affecting accuracy
- Self-motivated and the ability to make decisions independently
- High level technical, organizational and communication skills
- Desire to succeed in a culture of teamwork and accountability
- Minimum 4 year degree in Quality Control or ASQC Certified Quality Engineer
- 8-10 years Quality experience in the an automotive environment
- Certified TS16949 auditor
- Six Sigma Green Belt
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits and 401K.
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com